We offer a Ph.D. position within the project “Life history strategies to deal with rapid environmental changes induced by humans” (CGL2013-47448-P), recently funded by the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness.
This project aims to contribute to a more predictive theory about the role of life history strategies in response to environmental changes through a combination of comparative analyzes, models, experiments, observations and molecular techniques in birds and insects. The candidate chosen will join CREAF and will also spend part of their time at the Estación Biológica de Doñana.
The candidate has to meet the following requirements:
- Degree (biology or environmental science) and a MSc in ecology.
- Driving licence.
- Good level of spoken and written English.
We will evaluate the following merits:
- Motivation and interest for the topic of the project.
- Academic qualifications.
- Experience in the management and analysis of large databases and in advanced modelling.
- Experience in field work on birds and/or insects.
- Experience in laboratory analysis and animal behavior experiments.
- Scientific publications in the areas of interest of the research group.
Salary and benefits are according to a public service position in Spain. The contract should start as soon as possible and will be restricted to three years.
Those interested should send their CV (with transcript) and two references to Daniel Sol (email@example.com; http://dsolrueda.wix.com/sol-group) and Ignasi Bartomeus (firstname.lastname@example.org) before the 20th of September, as the deadline for deciding the candidate is on the 26th of this month.